Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Day 149 - 18 Days To Go

I'm actually a bit shocked that I got to run outside today. I was expecting to have a treadmill run (which I was not looking forward to) but as I was driving home around 6:30pm, I realised that there was a window available to run outside. I double checked the weather and the rain wasn't going to begin again until after midnight.

I had to get ready quickly because I was running out of daylight - and managed to get everything done (including eat) in a half an hour. I was out the door shortly after 7pm. Not only did I get to run outside, but for the first time this year I ran in a t-shirt! And I was too hot! 20C and the sun even decided to make an appearance.

Because I got ready so quickly I didn't feel quite mentally ready. I know it sounds strange, but I think the marathon is going to be a very mental race, and traditionally it's taken me over an hour to get ready to run... then again maybe the fact it takes me so long to get ready is strange. Anyway - I didn't feel fantastic on my run.

It was a quality run. 2 x (20 minutes at easy pace, followed by 15 minutes at threshold pace) and finishing off with 2 miles at easy pace. 16.98km over 1 hour 27 minutes. The first 15 minutes at threshold pace was very close to my required split of 4:20 minutes/km but my second 15 minutes was about 10 seconds off. I had problems again with my running app so it didn't record it exactly.

Overall though - I was happy with the run.

No comments:

Post a Comment