Sunday, April 24, 2011

Day 146 - 21 Days To Go

It was my best training run yet - but I can't really imagine adding another 12km to it. There's little doubt that by the end of the marathon I'm going to be in some pain. I might also not smell that great.

Today's run consisted of 2 miles at easy pace, 15 miles at marathon pace and end it with 2 miles at easy pace. The goal pace for the marathon pace portion was 4:36 and I did the full 15 miles at 4:37 - which is fantastic. The first half was faster than the second half - but I had an uphill climb (from Lakeshore) to deal with in the second half. In total 30.86km over 2 hours 27 minutes.

About 10 minutes after I stop it starts to hurt - my legs start to seize up. It's not as harsh or long as my earlier quality runs but I'm wondering what type of hurt I'll be going through 10 minutes after I've completed the marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment