Sunday, May 1, 2011

Day 153 - 14 Days To Go

One of the training points that I've basically ignored up until now is running early morning - around the same time my race would take place. In the winter it's much more appealing to wait until the afternoon when it's hopefully warmed up a few degrees before you run. Plus I'm not an early morning person.

Today I woke up at 6:15am and sort of went through the same process I would go through in two weeks. As a bonus I knew my earlier morning run would miss the rain that was headed our way. I ended up getting out the door at around 7:40am and back home around 9am. It was a short run, 2 miles easy pace, 2 x (10 minutes at threshold pace with 3-minute rests) and finished with about 35 minutes at easy pace. It totaled 15.96km over 1 hour 22 minutes.

I passed up three separate outings last night so I could wake up relatively well rested for my run. The next two weeks is going to be all about waking up early, eating healthy and staying hydrated. The early mornings/well rested might be a challenge. I'm on my 4th coffee of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment