Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Day 156 - 11 Days To Go

Another quality run. Normally the Sunday run is longer, but my training program has this run as more intense. I got home about 6:45pm and after a bowl of oatmeal (with blueberries) and a gel I ended up starting my run about 7:20pm. It lasted 1 hour and 52 minutes - so I got back home after dark shortly before 9:30pm.

The run was a repeat of my second quality run of Week 21 - 2 x (35 minutes at easy pace, 15 minutes at threshold pace) and ending it with 2 miles at easy pace. The muscle just above the back of my left ankle (I really don't know the names of my muscles) was still very stiff (something I noticed yesterday) but stretched itself out after the first 10 minutes.

I did an out and back along Upper Middle then down Burloak - my new favourite route. There aren't many stop lights to worry about, a lot of the route is pavement (not cement) and there's a goose that likes to waddle menacingly towards me as I run by.

No comments:

Post a Comment